4/07/2008

Asking For Help

I got on the bus today and a woman sat down next to me. A couple of stops in, she tapped me on my shoulder and asked me to let her know when we arrived at the Malden Center T stop. I let her know that the last stop of the bus was the Malden Center stop.

I remember questions like this one being asked all the time on the bus. Since the MBTA put in the automated stop announcements and display at the front of the bus, these questions have ceased....for the most part. (At least in my universe)

This woman asked me to help her out because the announcement mechanism wasn't working.

Yes, the elimination of confusion through these mechanical means is definitely a plus. Heck, it's fundamental and should have always been there...but it was nice to help out a fellow commuter today. Certainly the opportunity to help someone find their way has been lost in the post-automated stop announcement world we live in today.

A small loss...but a loss for sure.


------------------------------

Bus Departure Time: 7:01
Bus Arrival Time: 7:13
T Departure Time: 7:16
T Arrival Time: 7:37
Weather as I call it: Sunny and cool.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No

No comments: