4/23/2013

Three Person Seats

When I take a seat with someone else already sitting in a three person seat, I sit on the opposite side. They sit next to the window, and I sit near the aisle. I keep the space between us. When someone else wants to sit down, I slide over. I don't get up and then take the "aisle seat" again. I see why people do it, but it's a selfish move (they keep the opportunity to be the first one out of the seat when we get to North Station) and it just takes up time. There's a good 10 seconds of getting up and shuffling with the person who wants to sit down while everyone standing in the aisle waits until everyone is seated. Just slide over like I do. Yeah, you'll probably creep out the person who is in the window seat but that's their issue. Boston Strong, baby. Love your neighbor. Get used to sharing some social space.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:33
Departure Time From Train Station: 6:59
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Cloudy, misty when I got to Boston. 40s
Shady Gas Price: $3.46
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No

No comments: