2/11/2008

Frozen Doors

Sometimes it's just cold. It's been colder...I've experienced colder...but there's no denying that this morning was unpleasant.

When we got to Malden Station, a few of the bus passengers were waiting to exit the rear bus door. The green lights came on but the doors didn't open. The crowd began to shout "Rear Door!" to alert the bus driver to open them for us. I think the crowd was confused.

The driver had indeed taken action to open the doors (as was indicated by the illuminated green lights), but the doors were stuck..maybe frozen shut.

The woman who was in the lead position must have never encountered frozen doors and she kept shouting at the bus driver. Eventually the crowd pushed against the doors and forced them open.

No door nor human was hurt in the stampede.

------------------------------

Bus Departure Time: 6:58
Bus Arrival Time: 7:11
T Departure Time: 7:14
T Arrival Time: 7:35
Weather as I call it: Cold (13 degrees) but contant wind made it worse.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: If I was out in the cold any longer, I would have lost an ear or two.

No comments: