5/09/2012

Coast Guard Training

There was some wild driving on the roads this morning. I saw a small white pickup truck slide into a turn on the drive to work, then saw it run some red lights. No big deal...or NBD as they say in my neighborhood. On the train, there was a good number of people who were members of the Coast Guard. They got on at Woburn but were from out of town. I picked up on their accents and they weren't of the Boston variety. I overheard them talking about training sessions and powerpoint presentations that needed editing. I am glad that they have the same issues as other working stiffs like me. Some light rain was falling when I got to Boston. NBD - I didn't need an umbrella. I got a coffee on the walk to the office. It helped a little - warmed me up and helped me fight the chill that this week has given me.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:37
Departure Time From Train Station: 7:00
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:42
Weather as I call it: Cloudy, damn, some light rain
Shady Gas Price: $3.83
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: A bit, that truck was kinda scary

No comments: