1/30/2008

Why Aren't We All Sick?

Germ warfare is a part of riding the MBTA. I am not sure everyone is a conscious participant in the germ war, but I am. It is a full-on fight not to catch the ugly virus that is making the person next to you hack and cough in the most disgusting ways.

People...please cover your mouth when you cough. I don't want to be sick. I don't want what you have. Even though my immune system has evolved and has been fortified due to my ridership on the T, I am still human. My body cannot fight off every flu or cold virus out there...especially when I am exposed to it in the cold confines of the bus and/or Orange Line.

I might need to start wearing rubber gloves and a surgical mask.

------------------------------

Bus Departure Time: 7:02
Bus Arrival Time: 7:16
T Departure Time: 7:16
T Arrival Time: 7:38
Weather as I call it: Mild for a January morning. 40s. Cloudy
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 4 Please STOP COUGHING ON ME!
Feared for my life: Depends.

No comments: