1/07/2008

Plenty of Room in Back

Bus Departure Time: 7:01
Bus Arrival Time: 7:18
T Departure Time: 7:22
T Arrival Time: 7:43
Weather as I call it: 40s and cloudy
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 1
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Bus was pretty full today. I had the fortune of being able to sit. A woman who stood beside me had her duffle bag placed on my lap. I didn't mind.

The driver kept telling people to move back, but people were trying to stand their ground..trying to avoid the three steps.

You see, these new buses have rear sections that are set above the rest of the seating. There are three steps that lead to this elevated section and act as an invisible barrier...keeping the majority of the passengers out.

Finally, the bus driver had to point out that there was plenty of room in the back...and other passengers help spread his message. Eventually, people walked up the stairs to stand in the back.

No comments: