8/16/2012

I Didn't Get Hit By A Train

I can say the train I rode didn't have any trouble getting into Boston today. There was an issue later on when a car decided to go around the crossing bars in West Medford and was hit by the Amtrak train. Train vs. Car - Train always wins. Reminds of something a guy said to me when a truck hit a railroad bridge: Truck vs. Bridge - Bridge always wins. There's something that is reassuring about absolutes. Maybe it's because I feel like you can count on those situations to always end the same way. Besides that, don't get into a fight you can't win. Don't try to beat the train on the tracks. Train always wins.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:39
Departure Time From Train Station: 7:00
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Cloudy. 60s
Shady Gas Price: $3.63
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Nope

No comments: