10/24/2011

Sam Wasn't Happy

So the morning started ok. I got to the station in plenty of time even though there was a flatbed truck doing his very best to slow everyone down.

As I was walking up to the station, the purple warning lights started to chime and blink. There was a train approaching. It turned out to be the inbound train so I didn't have to run for it. Some other people did and crossed the tracks a little too close for the engineer's comfort. He blasted his horn as hard as he could and barreled through the station at 60 miles per hour.

Once I got on the inbound train, things were good until Winchester when li'l Sam got on and cried for the rest of the trip. I think he may have fallen. There were bad conductor jokes and band-aids involved. It made for a loud train ride.


------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:35
Departure Time From Train Station 7:00
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:43
Weather as I call it: Clear but colder, 30s
Shady Gas Price: $3.47
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3.5
Feared for my life: No

No comments: