7/13/2011

1000 Posts

When I started this blog back in 2005, I didn't really know where it was going to take me. I just wanted to write about something. Since I was driving to work 5 days a week, I thought at least I would have a subject to get my fingers typing.

There was plenty to write about. When the Big Dig tunnel collapsed, I wrote about it and tried to restrain my anger.

I wrote about a strange liquid rolling back and forth on an Orange Line train seat and tried to restrain my vomit.

I wrote about the maple tree seeds that covered my car. I didn't have to restrain anything for that post.

Lately, I haven't been good at writing about all my commutes. Mainly because I am busier in the mornings now, but I am also sorta losing my passion for the blog. My commute isn't all that interesting most days. The people I ride the train with are quiet and appear to want to avoid contact with other passengers at all costs. I sometimes feel that way too. I guess people aren't happy about having to get up early to go to a job they don't particularly like. Maybe I should reach out more.

I will still update when I get a chance or need to report on some amazing thing. I hope there will be many chances in the future.

Besides that, if you are reading this, thanks. I do have a silly passion for observing and recording data. I wrote all this stuff and posted it for my own purposes, but if you're reading this post too...maybe it has more meaning to someone beyond me.

The older I get, the more I realize that all we really have is each other. I don't know why we are here but we are here together. Thanks for being here with me.


------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:32
Departure Time From Train Station 7:00
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:42
Weather as I call it: Sunny, warm, 70s
Shady Gas Price: $3.63 - it's going back up.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Not today

No comments: