10/16/2008

Honking Horns and Blinking High Beams

...will never hurt me. We had a little rain this morning...so naturally people were driving much slower.

Somewhere in Bedford, Route 4 is wide enough for two lanes of traffic...but it is not marked with white dashed lines.

A car was stopped at a light...we'll call them "the first car" Right behind them, there was someone who had their blinker on to turn left. I made a proactive move and shifted right...and drove up to the white line of the intersection and proceed to wait right next to the first car at the red light.

When the light turned green, I pulled away. "The first car" took offense and beeped their horn. They then flashed their bright headlights at me to emphasize that they were not pleased with my move. I tapped my gas pedal with three quick pulses...to tell them "I Don't Care."

Silly First Car. I did nothing wrong.

Look at the time compared to yesterday. No coffee and muffin to slow me down...just rain and slow traffic.

------------------------------

Departure Time: 7:04
Arrival Time: 7:39
Weather as I call it: Light rain in spots, 50s
Shady Gas Price: $2.99
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: No

No comments: