8/29/2011

Aftermath of Hurricane Irene

Wellup, I woke up without the need of an alarm. Mainly because we didn't have electricity to power an alarm clock. Yeah, I could have used my cell phone but I thought I would sleep in if I was allowed by my mind and body. Alas, I woke up around the same time.

My wake up time was the least of my worries. The main issue of the morning was a fallen tree that had fallen in front of the one street that allows people to come in and out of my neighborhood. Think of it as a gated community but more ghetto.

At 6:30AM, there was no one around to clear the path. There were lots of people driving past my house in one direction just drive past again in the opposite direction.

Finally, at 10 AM, they cleared the road and people could leave the neighborhood. Hooray - I got to go to work.


------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 10:15
Departure Time From Train Station 11:23
Arrival Time at North Station: 12:05
Weather as I call it: Sunny, cool, 60s
Shady Gas Price: $3.63
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 8 !!!
Feared for my life: No

No comments: