1/28/2011

Who Ordered The Cold Car?

I got on the train as I normally do - using the middle entrance rather than the front or rear doors. I noticed something as I walked down the aisle of the train car...it was more empty than usual and it was dreadfully silent.

The white noise from the heater fans was missing. As I sat down in my seat, I felt the chill in the air. It was cold. There was a maintenance worker trying to fix the heater, but it was no use.

I guess he saw me blowing on my fist to keep warm and addressed me personally to let me know that the heat was working in the other cars.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:30
Departure Time From Train Station 6:59
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Cold, but no snow.
Shady Gas Price: $3.13
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: No

No comments: