1/27/2011

Shoveling And Switching

I got up at 5 AM so I could shovel out the driveway and get to work at a decent hour. I had meetings that started at 9AM and I felt that if I could get on a train before 7:30, I would be able to get to the office on time.

I finished shoveling around 6:30 and got ready to go to work.

I got to the train station in plenty of time and the train was running on schedule.

Then, we got to Wilmington and there was a switch problem. Conductors actually got out of the train and flipped the switch manually.

We got to North Station at 8:50. I hoofed it to the office and was there by 9:05...

Let's make it a dry week next week.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:52
Departure Time From Train Station 7:27
Arrival Time at North Station: 8:50
Weather as I call it: Light snow to clearing skies and sun
Shady Gas Price: $3.13
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 4.5
Feared for my life: Nah

No comments: