9/08/2010

Lightning Storm

I think this marks the first time I was really rattled by a lightning storm on the commute to work. As I was walking up the ramp to the train station this morning, there was a huge flash in the sky. I didn't look up to see any bolts, but the quick sound of thunder right after the flash let me know that it struck nearby.

I walked into the station to wait it out. I usually stand outside near the rails to wait for the train. Today, I just didn't want to get struck by lightning.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:36
Departure Time From Train Station 6:58
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Thunderstorm - raining once I got to Boston.
Shady Gas Price: $2.61
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3.5
Feared for my life: Yeah.

No comments: