10/13/2006

Ten Thirteen

Departure Time: 7:10
Arrival Time: 7:52
Weather as I call it: Sunny and chill-filled --> 40s
Paper Guy: Same outfit as yesterday (and the day before that)
Shady Gas Price: $2.11
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Sometimes you see things on your drive to work that are little captures of time in other people's life. Today I was at a stop light that had a left turn only lane. This lane came equipped with its own green arrow signal, which to me are the best kind of turn only lanes.

I just happened to look to my left as the arrow turned green. There were these guys in this early 90's Mercury Grand Marquis. Young guys, they couldn't have been older than 22. They were fumbling around in the car; looking for something I guess. The driver, who wasn't paying attention, suddenly realized that the light had turned green, exclaimed "Oh sh*t!", and slammed on the gas to get through.

The look of surprise on his face was priceless. You can't pay for moments like that.

No comments: