10/26/2006

Exaggeration Is Your Friend

Departure Time: 7:10
Arrival Time: 7:55
Weather as I call it: Sunny, cold...the sun was blinding...let's turn the clocks back already.
Paper Guy: Brown winter hat, black coat, shades.
Shady Gas Price: $2.05
Yelled at other drivers: Yeah
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

In the first segment of my commute (what I like to call the "in town" segment), I have to drive through 6 or 7 traffic lights. Any hesitation can throw off the entire rhythm. I cherish every green light that I do not have to wait for.

This morning, a woman hesitated while stopped at a red light. Typical distraction: she found whatever was fiddling with in her car's back seat to be more important than the road ahead at the moment the light turned green. Because it took her three seconds to situate herself behind the wheel again and accelerate from her stopped position, it caused me to miss the green and consequently the yellow light that she scurried her way through.

Her action caused a chain reaction of events that led me to be stuck at the next 3 red lights. It put 2 minutes on my commute. TWO MINUTES!

(I am exaggerating my feelings about this inconvenience for a humorous effect...is it working?)

P.S. I saw some guy in my rear view mouth the word "*sshole" after someone beeped at him.

Nice.

No comments: