3/15/2010

What A Nightmare

So I got to the train station with not much trouble. Yes, it was raining and yes I had seen flooding issues on the TV...but I didn't encounter much resistance.

After getting to the train station, I saw that there was a lot of people waiting in the station. Again, I knew that there was a delay on the Lowell line of the commuter rail...15 to 20 minutes. Not the end of the world.

After 40 minutes, I heard a loud conversation from the center of the station. I concluded that the Wilmington station was closed due to flooding. No trains were making it beyond Wilminton it seemed. There were supposed to be shuttle buses but none were seen.

I decided to drive to work. How 'bout cha? As I get on to 93 South, my wife calls me to tell me her car isn't starting.

I drove home so she could use my car to drive our son to school and I could wait for AAA.

I got to work around 11 o'clock. Yay!


------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:50
Departure Time From Train Station Didn't happen via train
Arrival Time at North Station: Didn't happen.
Weather as I call it: Rain
Shady Gas Price: $2.71
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 6
Feared for my life: No

No comments: