3/13/2009

Flipped Car

Exciting drive to work today.

1. I almost ran into somebody. I was going through a green light when someone taking a left turn almost pulled in front of me. I slammed on my brakes. He could not see me coming because of a bus that was obscuring his view. I was able to come to a complete stop in a fairly short amount of time. I can tell you my brakes still work.

2. Later on in the trip, I came to a stop. I could see in the distance blue lights and utility trucks. There was a police officer directing traffic.

When he allowed us to continue, I saw a telephone pole snapped in two places and a car flipped onto its hood on somebody's lawn.

Not sure what happened, but it appears that speed was a factor.

Good luck out there.




------------------------------

Departure Time: 7:10
Arrival Time: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Sunny, cold, 20s
Shady Gas Price: $1.79
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Brakes still work.

No comments: