7/11/2007

Malden T Station Singer

Bus Departure Time: 7:01
Bus Arrival Time: 7:16
T Departure Time: 7:19
T Arrival Time: 7:42
Weather as I call it: Soupy.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: Not today.

------------------------------

It was a good day to ride the bus. The other 45 passengers and I filled it up by the 10th stop of the route and the driver decided he couldn't take any more. We sped by 3 or 4 stops that had crowds waiting and wanting, which ended up just watching....watching us drive right past them. I think I heard some passengers laughing as they saw the reactions of some of the people as we drove past them.

Ok, there's a guy who hands out Boston Now papers at the Malden T station who needs to be discussed. His technique is starting to grate on my nerves. He sings out to people as they approach the station. I'll do my best to describe it here through extending words by repeating vowels:

"Goooood Morning Everybody...Get Your Boston Noooooooooooooooooow!"

The "now" part of the song is really nasally.

Today, I saw a guy take a paper from the singing hawker and responded with a little tuneful, "Thank Yooooooooooooooooooooooou!"

I need to ask him if he knows any other songs.

No comments: